DIY Playstand

A few months ago I asked my mum a question that I knew no self-respecting grandpa could leave unanswered.
I sent a picture of a Playstand and asked “Do you think Opa Uwe is able to build this?”
Of course the answer was yes, and on Tuesday a beautiful,handmade Playstand arrived in our home.

George helped his Opa Uwe to put it together.

It has already been played with a lot , it has been houses, shops, spaceships and boats.
At the moment it houses the playkitchen, some favourite wooden animals and toy hamster Dodo.

I can’t wait to see all the other lovely things the little ones will dream up with their new playstand,
and I do think we will need to put a few sheepskins and comfy pillows in there for a snuggly reading corner, too!

Thank you, Oma & Opa Uwe, we love it!

ps// You can read more about the construction of the DIY Playstand and a brief “how-to” in the next Winter edition of Seasonal Living & Learning where , by the way, I am the new Preschool Editor! Yay! (More about that later!)

Wishing you a wonderful day!

This entry was posted in Our Tiny Home. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to DIY Playstand

1. Julie says:

And what a great job he did. Can’t wait for the how-to!

2. Lucy says:

It is beautiful! What a talented Opa! And congratulations on your new job! We were just talking about you this morning as my son was drawing rainbow borders to his maths work and my daughter was making a card full of rainbows and hearts for her friend – “I know who gave us this crayon!” they both said together and so we said a prayer for you and yours Lucy xx

3. Becca says:

Gorgeous! Oh, to have a local Opa!

4. Kimmy says:

Oh wow! I know for a fact my dad could build this , too (he´s a joiner) but as I have no contact to my family it won´t happen :(
    Anyway, how lucky to have such a wonderful Opa – that playstand is absolutely adorable!!
    Oh , to be a child again!
    Congratulations on the new job, how exciting!
    Kimmy x

5. Ellen says:

I bet your Opa rose to the challenge when asked. How very talented and generous he is! It’s beautiful.

6. Chris says:

Would love to make something like this for my kids, would you mind telling me about how wide and tall this is?

Thanks!