Spooky Sugar Castle

We finally finished moving into this lovely little home of ours, and to celebrate we decided to build a Halloween castle.

P1320392

I thought it might be fun to share how we did it, so you can give it a try with your little ones,too!

You will need..

about 3 packs of sugar cubes,
one bag of sugar crystals,
Halloween sweets,
lots and lots of icing.

P1320332

Start by making four 3×3 sugar cubes squares in four corners of a tray,
then connect them with more sugar cubes. leave room for an opening near the front of your castle.

Dip sugar cubes into icing and then alternate how you place them, one row flat, one row standing up sideways.
It’s sort of hard to explain, but maybe you can tell from this picture how it’s done.

P1320333

Do four rows for the towers and continue for another four rows on your main castle building.
When you are done you can decorate with Halloween sweets!
I love the bats that we glued to the castle wall with icing!

P1320396

I do hope this will become a family tradition in our home, because it really was lots of fun to build.
I already have lots of other ideas for more decorations, I can’t wait till next year!
We used a little Christmas candle inside, but I think I will swap it for a little tea light, just to make sure.

P1320400

Wishing you a lovely day,

This entry was posted in Family, Kids Craft, Recipes. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Spooky Sugar Castle

1. Sarrah says:

wow, das sieht nach ‘ner menge arbeit aus. dafür wär ich ja zu grobmotorisch. :D aber toll!

2. Lucy says:

That is so gorgeous and creative. We don’t do anything for halloween except remember the saints in our prayers, but actually that could be adapted for us, as a sort of symbol of the saints being safe in the “palace” of heaven or something. I just really want to do it! Does it smell all sweet and tempting?

3. You are so creative. Great idea the kids will love! I will feature this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my “Featured’ BUTTON.

4. Teri says:

What an awesome idea! I just found you through Someday Crafts. I could see this as a Christmas “ice castle”, too! What an awesome idea! :)

5. Kirsten says:

Toll gemacht!!! Sieht wirklich klasse aus.
    Liebe Miri, Du hast heute Geburtstag :-) und wir wünschen alles Liebe und Gute für Dich und Deine Familie.Hab einen schönen Tag!!!! LG Kirsten, Willy und Jan

6. Anne-Lise says:

thanks so much that is an awesome idea! I will try and make two, one smaller for my daughter who is only 20months and see if it settles quicker. thanks.

• Anne-Lise says:

oups wrong page I meant to say the other post for your mind jar…. I love the sugar castle too though :)