Tutorial! A kid-made Knight’s Robe (that’s fit for a King or Queen, too!)

This morning Emily came to me & said
“Mama, I want to sew a costume!” (oh, yes!)
We decided to make a knights robe, as we all love fairy tales with brave knights & dragons.

This costume is completely kid made,
as you know Emily just turned three & she had absolutely no problem following the easy steps.
I did help to cut out some shapes, but if your little one can cut & paste then this will be great for you.

You will need:

fabric for the robe, ca. 170 x 60 cm , plus some scraps for decorating.
fabric for the crest on the front,
rope or yarn to use as the belt
fabric glue , scissors
(or,if you or an older child can sew, needle & thread.)

How to:

Fold your fabric in the middle ,
& let your little one cut a half circle into the top.
This is where the head will go through, so don’t make it too small, & don’t make it too big.

Cut out a crest out of the other fabric & let your little one decorate it by gluing fabric shapes onto it,
then glue the crest onto the front of your robe.

put it on & tie the rope or yarn around.
All done!

ps// It looks great with a crown made from colourful paper!

I hope you enjoy this!

This entry was posted in Kids Craft, Tutorials. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Tutorial! A kid-made Knight’s Robe (that’s fit for a King or Queen, too!)

1. sarah says:

sehr geil :D
    total niedlich!

2. June says:

Brilliant! Well done Emily , and mum :o)

3. mountainmama says:

ohh, that’s wonderful~ and what a great blog you have here! :)

4. ruth says:

Gorgeous!! Isn’t it just the best thing ever when our children come to us with their ideas and wanting to do somehing? It totally makes me trust the unschooling process and breathe a great sigh of “yes, unschooling is great and children will learn what they want to learn”. YAY!!

5. How completely adorable! What a creative, crafty Emily you have! :-)

6. Marina says:

Love this, what a crafty girl you have! My Matteo has been wanting a knight costume and I hadn’t figured out the tunic part yet… thanks to you (and Emily : ) we can do it! :)

7. Mon says:

I love that this is kid made. Very cool.

8. BeingDaddy says:

That is a fantastic costume, your daughter looks great and is very talented. You must be very proud.

9. Pingback: Lo scudo dei cavalieri della tavola quadrata! « HomeMadeMamma

10. Pingback: Overboard « No Pink Here

11. Pingback: Homemademamma » Lo scudo dei cavalieri della tavola quadrata!

12. Pingback: Costumi di carnevale fai da te: il cavaliere medievale | Blogmamma.it

13. Sue Corstorphine says:

This is great. We (my 5 year old son and I) made this for a party he has this weekend, tonight.

14. iris says:

so simple and so beautiful!
    great idea

15. Liz says:

Great photos and step instructions! A versatile costume as well.

16. Pingback: Halloween Costumes and Costume Helpers Round-Up « MomsRising Blog